Thursday 14 December 2017

Lo, How a Rose: The Nativity Story






JR Simmons lives in Northern Utah with his wife and 4 boys. He loves spending time with his family and coaching his kids in all of their different sports. He is an avid gamer and is very excited that his boys are picking up on his hobby. 

JR was recently introduced to triathlons and has since found that he loves the sport. Most nights he can be found either sitting down with a good game or hunched over his laptop writing.




Connect with the Author here: 
~ Facebook ~ Website




An ancient prophet, witness to unspeakable sorrow, is called to deliver a message of hope.

A barren couple learns they will have a child in their old age, a child who will prepare the way for the coming Lord.

A virgin conceives a miracle.

As Zacharias goes about his duties in the temple, a visit from an angel brings unexpected but welcome news. The same angel appears to newly betrothed Mary, and his words will change more than her life. His message will change the world. From Hebron to Bethlehem to Nazareth, travel with the mother of the Savior of the world and the people she knew. Become part of the miracle and see the world where Jesus Christ was born. We all know how the story ends, but in Lo, How a Rose, see how it all began."



~ Amazon ~ Amazon Audiobook ~
~ Amazon PaperbackAudible ~


  • The Audio Books are read by two brilliant Narrators; Mark Deakins (reader of the Maze Runner series) and Emily Rankin (reader of Before We Were Yours)

The Audiobooks are well worth listening to!


  • Also the e-copy is on sale this christmas season for $1.99 so pick up your copy today!



Snippet: 

“Joseph,” she said, not breaking eye contact, “I'm pregnant.”
Joseph’s jaw dropped as he gaped at the woman that would have been his wife. As his heart stopped in his chest, he hoped he had heard her wrong. How could she be pregnant? We are betrothed. We are set to be married!
“B-but—” Joseph sputtered.
Mary stood straighter, her countenance stronger somehow. Her words clear and direct.
“The night after our betrothal, I was preparing myself for bed when I saw a brilliant, white light in the middle of my room. In the midst of that light, I heard a voice call me by my name. An angel appeared to me, Joseph. He told me that I was to be the mother of the Son of God.”
Standing in the street, Joseph listened with growing skepticism. “But we aren’t married yet …” Joseph argued, hoping that this might be some kind of horrible joke.
“My child is the Son of God, Joseph.” Mary’s quiet words, pierced his ears and heart at the same time.
Joseph broke eye contact and glared at the ground. His brain tried to process her words and a logical explanation worked its way to the surface. You’ve been gone for three months in the hill country of Hebron. Of course the young men there would have been fascinated with your beauty. Mary, I thought you were stronger than that.
Sick in his heart at the idea of Mary’s betrayal, Joseph shifted his eyes back to her perfect face. He could see the shimmer of tears under her long dark lashes, and even through his own heartache, he wanted to reach out and brush them away before they could spill down her cheeks.
Why would you try to hide behind a ridiculous story? Can you not see how impossible it sounds? Was this the cause for the long delay in Hebron? Why couldn’t you have simply told me the truth?
Then, for the first time, Joseph thought about the consequence of Mary’s infidelity.
It was within his rights as her future husband to put her to death for this betrayal. If he so chose, he could have her stoned. Was she making up this crazy story in an effort to save her own life? He hoped that she knew him better than that.
While the idea that she had been unfaithful to him hurt Joseph deeply, he did not want to see her punished. As his hopes and dreams for a quiet future with the young girl shattered, he found himself reluctant to cause her any more pain than absolutely necessary.
“Please, Joseph,” she pleaded brokenheartedly. “Please believe me.”
Joseph shook his head, corralling his rising anger. “I’m sorry, Mary, but I can’t.”
Firming his resolve, he met her eyes once more. Though the expression of anguish on her face pierced straight into his heart, he gritted his teeth.
“I would never hurt you, Mary. Even now, knowing you have done this to me, I would never want to see you in pain.”
“Joseph, you—”
Not sure how much longer he could hold onto his resolve, Joseph held a hand up to silence her. “I need time to think. I will come to your house soon, and we will discuss the betrothal annulment. Though I cannot stop the gossip from spreading as your time approaches, I will not fan the flames by publicly condemning you. Now go. Notify Jacob that he may expect me on the day following the Sabbath. Prepare yourself and your family for what is to come as best as you are able. I have business that I must attend to.”


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment